Affordable Artist Community At A Glance
Shipley Artist Lofts is located in a historic renovated building with 23 units on five floors. All units are one bedroom with an open floor plan. Residents can utilize the open floor plans to create a live-work environment in a “pet friendly” building. Each resident will have a storage space located in the basement of the building. There is a prominent display space on each floor and the first floor boasts a Master Gallery where the residents can showcase their work and host events.
- Six units are held affordable for households earning less than 50% of the area media income.
- Twelve units are held affordable for households earning less than 60% of the area media income.
- Five units are available to market rate households.
Once an application is received your name will be put on the waiting list.
There is an artist preference.
Information needed once you have been notified of a unit being available:
1) You will be asked to fill out a Questionnaire.
2) Background and Credit Check — A signed release and a copy of your
Social Security Card and Drivers License (or State ID) will be needed.
3) Six months consecutive bank statements for all accounts.
(ie, checking, savings, 401K, stocks, etc..)
4) 4 consecutive pay stubs for all employers and/or an Award letter from
Social Security and/or documentation of any other income.
5) Other information may be needed based on answers to the questionnaire.
There are income limits based on the unit available.
Resident will be required to pay a security deposit equal to one months rent.
Resident will be responsible to pay electric.
Water/Sewer and trash are included with the rent.
Five Story Building
On Site Laundry Room
Storage units available
Secured building entrance
Unit Size 850 to 1200 square feet
Mailing address for application:
P.O. Box 3709
Princeton, NJ 08543
For Questions, please contact us: