Affordable Artist Studio Apartments
Shipley Lofts apartment building is located in a historic renovated building with 23 studio apartments on five floors. All units are studio apartments with an open floor plan. Residents can utilize the open floor plans to create a live-work environment in a “pet friendly” building. Each resident has storage space located in the basement of the building. There is a prominent display space on each floor and the first floor boasts the Chris White Gallery where the residents can host events and where artists are welcome to participate.
- Six units are held affordable for households earning less than 50% of the area’s median income.
- Twelve units are held affordable for households earning less than 60% of the area media income.
- Five units are available to market rate households.
- Five Story Building
- Pet Friendly
- On Site Laundry Room
- Storage units available
- Secured building entrance
- Unit Size 850 to 1200 square feet
Once an application is received your name will be put on the waiting list. There is an artist preference.
Information needed once you have been notified of a unit being available:
- You will be asked to fill out a Questionnaire.
- Background and Credit Check — A signed release and a copy of your
Social Security Card and Drivers License (or State ID) will be needed.
- Six months consecutive bank statements for all accounts.
(ie, checking, savings, 401K, stocks, etc..)
- Four consecutive pay stubs for all employers and/or an Award Letter from
Social Security and/or documentation of any other income.
- Other information may be needed based on answers to the questionnaire.
There are income limits based on the unit available.
Resident will be required to pay a security deposit equal to one month’s rent.
Resident will be responsible to pay electricity. Water/Sewer and trash are included with the rent.
Mailing address for application:
P.O. Box 3709
Princeton, NJ 08543
Office Hours (as of 2022-05-14)
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9am-5pm
For Questions, please contact us: